Ideas for Families
Find opportunities for your whole family to participate in. Here are some ideas on how your family can participate in the weekend of service. Invite another family to volunteer with you.
- Walk around the neighborhood with a garbage bag and pick up trash on the side of the road.
- Offer to rake leaves, pickup sticks, or mow the lawn of a neighbor.
- Plant flowers for a neighbor or in a communal neighborhood area.
- Start a community garden.
- Collect and deliver supplies to neighbors who have just had a baby, undergone surgery, or experienced a house fire.
- Volunteering can be as simple as making people smile. Have your child draw pictures or write notes to deliver to your neighbors.
- Coordinate a collection of used books, clothing, canned food in your neighborhood and donate them to your local school and shelter.
- Have your child sort through old toys they don’t play with anymore and donate them
- Participate in local events, such as 5Ks, fun runs, or other events that donate proceeds to local charities helping those in need
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter