Name your favorite teacher. Can you picture them in your mind? Why are they your favorite?
Here are little-known facts about teachers:
- Teachers spend $1.5 billion annually on school supplies
- 67% of teachers buy snacks for their students to help with basic nutrition
- 29% of teachers buy bathroom products for students like toilet paper and toothbrushes
Teachers are extraordinary beings! They spend their lives raising, guiding and molding dozens of individuals each year so that they can be successful in their own lives. And though there’s a whole month set aside to thank them, they really do deserve a thank you everyday.
Join us in recognizing your teachers by sharing why you’re thankful and using #INCGiving on your posts in social media. And even though Teacher Appreciation Month is over, let’s keep celebrating them all summer long by helping them prepare for a new school year!
Here are 3 easy ways you can help teachers:
- Support A Teacher Buying Pencils And Markers For Her Class [or tissues, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer those are always needed!]
- Sponsor a School Supply Drive – Get your friends and coworkers in on the action. Contact a local school and find out what they need for the school year and get the word out.
- Visit https://www.donorschoose.org/, an organization that helps make it easy for anyone to help local schools and teachers with a variety of projects including purchasing bilingual books for the classrooms, building classroom libraries and collecting art supplies for future projects.
Contributed By: INCGiving Project Team